Release Date: 14th of April 2022
Podcast Writer: Paige Keningale
Theme Song: Wolf Moon- Unicorn Heads.
Voice overs: Dr Susanne Knabe-nicol aka the Police Science Dr
Podcast Email: email@example.com
Podcast Social Media: Twitter: ACIA_org, LinkedIn: Association of Crime and Intelligence Analysts (UK).
Chris Allen is a researcher, lecturer, consultant and commentator specialising in organised crime and how it operates. He has significant experience in lecturing on UK and international policing structures, as well as drug trafficking, cybercrime, human trafficking and firearms trafficking, among other subjects.
He is currently Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Buckingham and an Associate Lecturer at London Metropolitan and Liverpool John Moores Universities
Concurrently, Chris is currently Director of Criminis Training and Consultancy services, which provides a range of solutions to law enforcement, universities and the private sector. As part of Criminis, he has been commissioned to write regular pieces on the latest organised crime trends for Policing Insight, recently publishing pieces on the financial impact of wildlife trafficking in West Africa and the international drugs trade.
Chris is also the creator of the U BATTLE toolkit, an investigative strategy development tool that began under City of London Police in 2018 and since then has gained national and international recognition. U BATTLE uses the adapted versions of traditional business analysis techniques to improve the development of investigative strategies in order to dismantle organised crime groups.
Furthermore he is a member of the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organised Crime Network of Experts, the society for evidence based policing, the European Political Research Consortium Standing Group on Organised Crime and the International Association for the Study of Organised Crime
Chris has extensive public speaking experience and has made Presentations to:, National Internet Intelligence and Investigations Conference (2018) the National Intelligence Conference 2018, the International Conference on Transnational Organised Crime and Terrorism 2019 Serious and Organised Crime Exchange 2019 (SOCEX), Gulf Cooperation Council Forensics 2019, National Analysts Working Group (2019) PSNI Analysts training day (2020), Europol SOCTA Advisory Group (2020), Investigator Organised Crime Conference (2020), Socex National Economic Crime Conference (2020)
- During Winter and Spring 2020 he worked as Research Associate for Liverpool John Moores University and is a co-author of the recently published Review of the NCA Proceeds of Crime Centre for the Home Office.
- In October and November 2019, he delivered a series of guest lectures to MA Transnational Organised Crime Students at LJMU on the threat from Cybercrime and organised crime exotica- which examined Wildlife and Organ Trafficking. In March 2020 he delivered a session on the policing of Cyber and transnational organised crime to MA Criminology Students at the University of Gloucestershire
- In October 2018 he was made Research Lead for Project U BATTLE, In early 2019 he was seconded from City of London Police to the Home Office, as Research Lead for Project U BATTLE for a three month period to develop the methodology behind the toolkit.
- Prior to this role, he worked as Performance Researcher and Analyst in the Strategic Delivery Unit, Economic Crime Directorate at City of London Police, where he produced a number of reports on the performance of the units involved in Fraud and Cybercrime.
- Before joining City of London Police he worked for policing think tank The Police Foundation as a researcher examining the policing of organised and cybercrime- where he put together a briefing paper on cybercrime- and as a journalist for Police Professional and numerous regional newspapers.
Chris holds an MA Distinction in Terrorism and International Crime from Coventry University (2017) and a BA Hons (2:1) Journalism Staffordshire University (2013). He also obtained a Level 7 Qualification in Professional Consulting from the Charted Management Institute (2017) and completed the Government Intelligence Analysis Course in 2019